2016 Spring Garage Sale
When: Saturday, May 14, 2016 - All Day
Where: Entire Neighborhood
Most of us dream of selling so much “stuff” at our garage sale that it’s worth the time it took to collect, price, unpack, organize, sitting and waiting on customers, and then boxing back up and taking the “left overs” to Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul.
Here are a few tips that could help us all out this June.
- Be Prepared for HARD WORK.
- The more homes who participate, the better.
- Advertise – the neighborhood will put something in the newspaper, but we all should advertise on our own personal Facebook and other Social Media sources. The more the word is spread, the better for everyone.
- Post Yard Sale Signs the night before your sale. The evening of the last day, please take down all your signs.
- Signs should be very clear and large bold black print. Use arrows if you’d like. Have a theme to your sign and to your home (ex. red balloons or something like that).
- Expect people to come early – these people are looking for a great bargain already.
- Read some websites to help you in pricing your items and organizing your sale to make it appealing to your customers. Here are a few:
- Don’t forget to go through pockets of pants, coats and jackets.
- Use attractive price stickers that are clearly marked.
- Background music is nice to have for easy-listening.
- Make sure you remember to go to the bank to get the cash you will need to have on hand.
- When making change, leave the bills out to the side before you give them the change so that you and they know what they originally gave you.
- START NOW – Collect and price items and put them away so they are ready.